Don’t have time but want to lose belly fat. If you are facing this problem try “Naukasana” which is known as a Boat pose. Naukasana Yoga name comes from the two words first is “Nauka” which means boat and second are “Asana” that is posture.
This is the most effective yoga for those who are struggling with their belly fat and requires very less time. Naukasana not only helps you in reducing belly fat but also tone your abs.
Naukasana yoga can be performed in both positions “Supine Position” that is lying on the back and in “Prone position” on the stomach.
Now, How to do Naukasana?
Here are 5 steps to follow for this yoga
- Lie down flat on a yoga mat with hands on the sides and let your palms facing downwards.
- Start inhaling and raise your legs, arms and the upper body at 30 degrees simultaneously.
- The weight of the body rests entirely on the buttocks.
- Hold the breath and remain in this posture for as long as you are comfortable.
- Now getting back in the original position by exhaling.
Remember, Inhale and exhale slowly while maintaining the pose.
Now, relax your body in Shavasana until you are ready to repeat the process. Start this yoga by doing it for 10-20 seconds and do it for 2 to 5 times in the morning for the best results.
When you realize that you are doing simple naukasana perfectly, move on to Advance Naukasans.
How to perform Advance Naukasan
In advance stage, first, lie down on your back and keep your entire body straight and stretched.
As simple naukasana, there should not be any gap between your legs and keep your arms are beside the legs.
Now, inhale and raise your body at 45 degrees by maintaining your body at your buttock.
Ensure that your palms come out to your knees and initially remain in this position for 10 to 20 seconds and increase the time later as per your convenience.
Benefits of Naukasana in Supine Position
1) Strengthens your muscles of arms, abdominal, thighs and shoulders
2) Improves the health of all organs in the abdomen especially the liver, pancreas, and kidneys
3) Helps in blood flow at sugar level
4) Toughens your muscles of neck and legs
5) This yoga is most beneficial for losing belly fat as it reduces your belly fat by stretching, compressing and relaxing of the abdominal region. And this yoga definitely works on burning belly fat if you practiced this on regular basis.
6) Regulate your digestion, including alleviating excessive gas and easing constipation.
7) This yoga work as a distress tool and keep your mind free and peaceful
Boat Pose in “prone position”
Step 1. Lie down on your stomach
Step 2. Bring your hands stretched backward close to the thighs and legs straight.
Step 3. Start with stretching your arms forward and keep them on the floor with palms closed together. Place your forehead on the floor by exhaling and inhaling.
Step 4. Now, lift your arms and neck in the front and raise your legs in the back upwards as much as possible without bending them with normal breathing and remain in this posture steady. In this position, your complete body weight is on the stomach.
Step 5. While exhaling brings your knees, chin, and shoulders slowly on the ground. Leave your ankles and bring your hands back beside the body.
This asana is difficult to do initially, try to do for 5 to 10 seconds and 5 times. After few days of practicing increase your repetitions and time as well.
Benefits of Prone Position
1) Stretched your legs and hand muscles
2) Strain reach your inner organs and increase their capacity
3) Good for back muscles and remove your digestive problems
Avoid this yoga if you have:
- Asthma problem
- Low blood pressure
- A severe headache and migraine
- Chronic diseases or spinal disorders
For Women, Pregnant women should avoid it and others avoid it during the first two days of the menstrual cycle.