Low blood pressure or commonly which is known as the Hypotension is a serious medical problem which is not discussed many times as that of the high blood pressure. It has dozens of side effects and also other problem which can be life-threatening also at any time. Upon its arrival each and every individual resort to the allopathic method of treatment for cure.
However, there is one problem is allopathic treatment method that is while curing the disease it also weakens the body by weakening the immunological system.
Low Blood pressure treatment with Ayurveda, on the other hand, has no such side effects, which allopathy does. And Ayurveda has the best of the medicines and also the ways for the treatment of the low blood pressure condition.
Ayurveda is recognized as the most ancient treatment technology in this world. It takes us back about thousands of years to the history and also the culture the then civilization. The system had some well-documented medicines and also other therapeutic techniques, which are very much comparable to the modern therapies and the technology. The Ayurveda came from two words called the ‘Ayur’ or ‘life’ and the ‘Veda’ or the ‘science’.
If we go back to the pages of the books we will find that Lord Dhanvantari is the main contemplator of Ayurveda and also the medicinal practice. That is why the birthday of Lord Dhanvantari (according to Hindu calendar, before thirteen days of Amavasya in Aswin month) is graciously celebrated as the Ayurveda Day to lend people knows about those ancient practices.
According to Ayurvedic study low blood pressure occurs because of three main problems or ‘doshas’. It describes in these ways that low blood pressure could cause either because of the poor circulation rate of the blood in the body or when the body gets anemic. This intern happens due to the malfunctioning of liver and also low blood pressure is the condition caused due to the congestion or any kind of stagnant behaviors of the body that is the reason for the reduction in the blood flow.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Low Blood Pressure
• The people who have a problem in the metabolic system as well as in the thermoregulation of the body also known as the ‘pitta’ in Ayurveda, should use turmeric in their food while cooking. This turmeric and the curcumin present in its constitution control and manage the low blood pressure condition. This turmeric can also be consumed with the Aloe Vera gel for those who have the problem.
• The people those who face the problem related to the body and mind like the blood flows and system involving the breathing and also the excretory system and other mental problems should use garlic in an appropriate amount in their food. In Ayurveda, these problems come under ‘Vatadosha’.
• The people who have an imperfect fluid and ionic balance in their body are prescribed to use compounds like cayenne or trikatu powder for the cure of low blood pressure. In Ayurveda, this problem is given as the ‘Kapha dosha’.
• There are many Ayurvedic choornas or mixture which has materials like ashwagandha choornam, hinguvachadi choornam, induppukanam choornam and vaiswanaram choornam which acts effectively against low blood pressure condition and manages it well.
• Ayurvedic treatment for low blood pressure also includes the usage of Epsom salt. It is prescribed to take bath with Epsom salt. One can easily do that by mixing hot water with 2 to 4 cups of Epsom salt and relax in that hot water for about 20 minutes as a part of its treatment.
The Ayurvedic treatment also includes few homemade remedies as well
• Drinking coffee and caffeinated tea may temporarily spike blood pressure by stimulating the cardiovascular system and boost the heart rate.
• Herbal teas with compositions like the kola, gentian, ginseng, rosemary leaves, spikenard (Indian) is very much healthy. Drinking the tea at least once a day will definitely take care of the low blood pressure problem.
• In the list of the Ayurvedic remedies, cardamom, black pepper and cinnamon hold special importance as they are also effective tools against the low blood pressure or hypotension.
Read more: Home Remedies for Low Blood Pressure
Few other recommendations
Ayurveda and its practice also prescribe Yoga and Asanas as a part of the treatment against low blood pressure. Yoga is another ancient science that deals with different postures of the body that helps in healthy living and also makes the mind calm and body supple. Regular practice of yoga will help to bring the flow of the blood in the body in normalcy. Read more : Most Effective Yoga Asana or Poses for Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension)