Today, everybody is worry and thinking about ever rising inches on their bellies. And due to busy schedules, we usually don’t find time to exercise or we missed due to over time in office by sitting at our desks and the results come in the form of fat.
Do you know, we gain 15 pounds in 3 months if we are doing a desk job. This is the main reason behind the belly fat.
Belly fat termed as Stubborn Fat because cutting down belly fat is difficult but with these tips, I am sharing with you today you can stop gaining belly fat on your job.
Here are the Top 8 Ways to Avoid and Reduce Belly Fat While Sitting at a Office Desk
1. Use Stairs
The first thing to do when you reach office is to stop using elevators and start climbing stairs. It’s an aerobic exercise that not only burn calories but also help your belly to stay in shape.
An interesting fact which usually people don’t know about the benefit of walking up stairs is that when we walk-up at a moderate intensity, it burns 5 calories in a minute for a 120-pound person and 9 for 180-pound person. So, it is recommended to use stairs instead of elevators.
2. Be Choosy About Your Drink
At around 11 in the morning or in between office hours, we all have a bad habit of having tea or coffee which is not good for our health. And we know its hard to leave it immediately so instead of having creamy sugary coffee have green tea which is very good for health, green tea not only help in increasing metabolism but it also have benefits like its good for your teeth and keeps your digestive system right.
3. Drink Water BUT In small sips
Do you know the way we drink water affects our belly fat, when we feel thirsty what we do we gulp down a full glass of water by this what will happen this will decrease your thirst in a long run and cause your stomach to protrude. And if you drink anything which includes water in higher amount this will make your belly bulge out and increase the layers of fat.
From today, start drinking water in a right way. Drink water in smaller sips at regular or short intervals of time. With this you keep your body hydrated all the time, you feel less hungry consequently you can keep yourself away from unhealthy snacks which we have when we feel hungry in between office hours.
Related Content: Stay Away from These 7 Drinks to Lose Belly Fat
4. Go for healthy snacks or shakes
The main reason for the fat we gain on our belly in the office are the unhealthy snacks we consume when we feel hungry after few hours of our lunch. We generally feel hungry in the evening after lunch and we usually eat biscuits, cheesy sandwiches, burgers etc. which is not only unhealthy but also increase layers of fat on your belly.
Here is the solution, always carry a box of healthy snacks like walnuts, almonds, peas, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or you can have a protein shake and whenever you feel hungry, have these healthy and lighter snacks.
5. Walk Around for Proper Blood Circulation
Don’t get stuck in your chair and stay active even while working. When we are accompanied with desk work we stuck on our chair for hours in the same position which potentially leads to poor blood circulation, unnecessary fluid retention, and water weight to be stored in the lower half of our body. Poor blood circulation weakens your metabolism and makes it harder to burn fat and easy to get you fat.
6. Secret Exercises at work
Now, you must be thinking about how you can keep yourself physically active while sitting on the chair. Right??
Here is the solution, you can do some secret exercises while sitting on the chair to reduce your belly fat.
Sit straight and make sure your spine is 90 degrees to your lower body region, Raise your feet creating a horizontal line with your knees hold this for 3 to 5 seconds and slowly release your breath and return your foot to the original position.
Do this 5 times per foot in an hour. This exercise speeds up the burning process of your belly fat but don’t do this just after lunch or snacks. Wait for at least 2 hours after lunch.
7. Sitting Posture
Your body posture affects your body organs. If you are a habit sitting loosely or with curved, stooped body then you are putting pressure on your tummy and making it protruding outwards.
Most appropriate body posture is to sit with straight back this will not pressurize your tummy to come out, keep it inside and will lead in reducing belly fat.
8. Wear Comfortable Outfits
Women and girls love to flaunt their tight-fitting outfit, and they feel comfortable with such outfits which show their entire body contour. It is recommended to say NO to too many tight outfits in your office because sitting with the tight outfit for 9 to 10 hours makes your skin stop breathing and other body parts like your stomach.
We can see men have slim waistline but bulging stomach. Why? Because their waistline is chained with the belt which makes their stomach angry to come out. It is good to flaunt your dressing style but flaunting dresses beyond your health is not a wise thought. Wear such clothes which are in comfortable fitting, neither too tight nor too loose at your abdomen region.
Effective Exercises to do While Sitting in Office to Burn Belly Fat
Knee to Chest Lift
Knee to Chest Lift is an exercise you can easily do while sitting at your desk and this exercise is good for abdominal muscles, improves digestion, its an excellent stretch for lower back muscles and helps in losing belly fat.
Steps to do:
- Sit straight on the chair, keep your back straight.
- Feet should be on floor hip-width apart.
- By keeping your back straight, lift your right knee towards your chest and keep your stomach stuck in.
- For the better stretch of your abdominal muscles, put your hands on your shin.
- Repeat this exercise 20 times by alternating your knees.
Double Knee Lift
Double knee lift is another beneficial exercise for the abdominal muscles without putting any strain.
Steps to do:
- To do this exercise, keep your legs together.
- Hold the sides of your chair
- By keeping your back straight, lift your knees and pull them to your chest. While doing this exercise, your abdominal muscles should be tensed.
- Now, relax and put your feet down but don’t touch the floor. Repeat this exercise 10-20 times.
Double knee lift Combined with Body Side Bends
This exercise is best to give shape your waist and helps you to burn side belly fat.
Steps to do:
- First, sit on the edge of the chair with a straight back.
- Hold the chair tightly with both hands.
- Now, bend your body to the side, and sit only on one glute.
- Keep your legs together, back straight and lift both knees to your chest as described in above exercise (Double Knee Lift).
- Back to your original position, and bend to the other side.
- Repeat this exercise 10-20 times on each side.
Body Lift above the Chair
This exercise is very effective to burn belly fat. Moreover, it will also make your belly, back and shoulder muscles very toned. To do this exercise, use a fixed chair, not a rolling one.
Steps to do:
- While sitting on the chair, hold the arms of the chair tightly.
- Now, lift your body above the chair to make your hips and legs hang in the air. Use your abdominal muscles to raise your knees to your chest.
- Initially, try to stay in this position for at least 15-20 seconds, and then slowly return to the original position and have a short break.
- Repeat the exercise 4 times.
Knee to Elbow Lift
This exercise is really good for your waist. Knee to Elbow lift exercise makes your oblique, and lower abdominal muscles work out. To do it right, make sure your knee meets your opposite elbow. Also, at that moment, your upper body should turn slightly. Check out, How?
Steps to do:
- First, sit on the chair by keeping your back straight without touching the back of the chair.
- Now, put your hands behind your head.
- Lift your right knee to your chest and at the same time bend your left elbow to meet your knee.
- Return to the original position and repeat 10-15 times.
- Change the knee and elbow, and repeat another 15 times.
So, take a break and exercise a bit in the long working hours in the office. This is also a good way to relax your muscles.